Thursday, December 8, 2011

A little cognac for a rainy day...

For other neutral ideas, you can always visit Megan Mae Daily to see other participants!
------------------------------
So, last night, I found out that my hair lady (stylist? hair cutter? woman responsible for reintroducing me to bangs, but also keeping me from doing anything too drastic when I was pregnant and couldn't find any hairstyle that looked good on me?) is moving to Minnesota. She and I had moved to Atlanta around the same time, and I was matched up with her blindly while booking an appointment at a salon down the street from the house Steve and I were renting at the time.

Five years later, and she's the only person who has touched my hair in the state of Georgia. I realize this is a complete non-problem in the grand scheme of things, but still...

I'm going to miss her.

And I don't know if I have it in me to break in a new hair lady after all of this time.

PS: Sorry for the terrible, terrible post titles this week. I promise, I'll try harder in the future.

Dress (as top): Calvin Klein
Skirt: H&M
Tights: Hue (from DSW)
Shoes: Nine West 


Don't forget, eShakti is offering $20 off of any order through the end of the year, when you use the promotional code NOTAHOBBY0811.

The discount code is not case sensitive. Only one gift certificate can be used per order. The code can be used any number of times until the validity period. This discount code is not applicable on our Overstock category. This cannot be combined with any other offer / discount that may be active during this period.

Also, you can find my post about the skirt the company sent me to review here.

11 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this skirt. It's just so pretty.

    Bummer about the hairstylist moving. I have been going to the same stylist for at least 7 or 8 years and I would be so sad to have to find another one. It's like a relationship, lol. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty skirt! And I like your post titles, I don't think they are horrible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me? The post titles have been great! =) I love that skirt. I have a hard time wearing tights with flowy skirts and dresses. They just never feel right on me. But you've inspired me to give it another try. =)

    And I would die if my stylist couldn't do my hair any more. It took me FOREVER to find her and then we developed a great friendship and I'd absolutely HATE to risk someone else cutting it. =( Good luck on your hunt to find someone new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous skirt, and look at those insane heels! Lovely.

    My philosphy - It's just hair. I know you have to live with it, but hair grows. I walk into Mastercuts, never make an appointment and have nearly never walked out with anything I didn't like. Always go in with a plan and tell them exactly what you want. Maybe because I don't like to be too chatty when people do my hair? I dunno but I've generally been satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When ever I hear the word cognac I think of the liquor...so what does that say about me...ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with that skirt! It is gorgeous!

    I went an ENTIRE year without getting a hair cut because I was too nervous to let anyone on this side of ATL cut my hair. I only cut it because it got to the point that if I didn't get it cut, I'd shave it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Such petty shades together and very flattering silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it really is hard to find a great stylist. i've gone thru so many. wish you luck in finding a new match! love the skirt. i think the whole look is great with the dark tights.

    [oomph.]
    What's the next line? Help write the story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This skirt is amazing! So simple and remixable, but I love the paper bag detail around the waistband!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a day or two behind on checking Fashion Challenge posts, but this is one of my favorite outfits I've seen for cognac! I just love your skirt and heels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the shades of brown here!!! you always look chic. and i feel your pain on the hair dresser. man, it's so hard to find one you like where they give you a haircut you love each time!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!