Thursday, January 3, 2013

Always Be Prepared

When I was pregnant with Brigid, I ate nothing but Oreos and ice cream for almost nine months straight, and my weight gain reflected this. So when I got pregnant with Caitlin, I swore that this time would be different. I wouldn't eat ALL F THE SUGAR IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD! I would eat healthy foods. I would work out. I wouldn't have to lose 20% of my body weight when I had the baby.

I would do this pregnancy right.

Then, I discovered soup. And not the clear broth, lots of vegetables kind of soup. The thick, creamy, nothing but cheese and whole milk kind of soup. And all of my resolve flew the coop.

So, once again, I find myself needing to lose an excessive amount of weight. And since clothing seems to be my primary motivation for doing so (meaning, I miss my favorite sweaters and skirts!!), and since most of my workout clothes are absolutely ragged, AND since the Gap outlet was offering 30-50% off of all of their Gap Body clothing, with an additional 40% off on top of that, well...
Guys! I got two pairs of boot cut compression pants, a pair of flared compression capris, and a pair of compression leggings, plus two tank tops with built-in support (which, combined with a sports bra, is the only way I can get enough support for the girls when I run), and two long-sleeve running shirts (with thumb holes! to keep the sleeves from riding up! my favorite!) for less than $80. I am all kinds of excited about this haul, over here.

Now, if only it were January 9th, when Brigid starts back to preschool, so I could actually find the time to start that Couch to 5K program I'm so excited to do again...

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing!! New workout clothes make it so much easier to actually want to work out. :) When do you head back to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome haul! That's some loot, right there! Can't wait to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A least you got the clothes...that is the first step!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!