Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Healthy Goals

I put on a ton of weight when I was pregnant with Caitlin. This wasn't exactly a surprise to me, since I did the same thing with Brigid, but that doesn't make me any more excited about losing the 35-40lbs I need to lose all over again now that the pregnancy is over. To up the motivational ante a little bit, I joined a group of my online friends in a Biggest Blogging Loser weight loss challenge over the next twelve weeks, with the winner (based on percentage of weight lost) taking home something like $500.

Between that and my desire to fit into more than the one pair of (normally) two-sizes-too-big jeans in my closet, I'd say my motivation to eat well and exercise has NEVER been higher. But, just to keep myself honest and on-track, I've decided I'm going to log my progress on this blog, as well.

So...the stats (and keep in mind that I'm only 5'2, ok?):
Weight, as of 1/7/12 (our initial BBL weigh-in): 175lbs
Weight as of 1/14/12: 170.5lbs

These are the easy days, comparatively speaking, when the weight comes off in larger chunks, because my body doesn't generally start fighting the process until I get closer to 150lbs. So, even though the number is still really high, I'm happy with a 4.5lb loss in week one.

And anyway, it's a good thing the scale responded as well as it did, because yesterday I was running on about four hours of sleep after my dear, sweet, lovely children decided between the two of them that 4:30am seemed like a good time for me to start my day, and ALL I wanted to do was sit around and eat the entire plate of chocolate chip cookies for lunch that my neighbor had dropped off on Sunday night, but I went with a salad and a grilled chicken breast instead, because I didn't want to undo all of the progress I'd made the week before.

I'm still a little bitter about that decision, honestly. Proud, but bitter.

Those cookies looked good, man...

(Ok, FINE. I did go ahead and have ONE with my lunch. AND IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!)

(Did I mention that 4:30 wake-up call? A little sugar was needed to make it through the day...)

3 comments:

  1. You are just so adorable. I love you for tracking your progress and keeping it real! We can do this! Let's go, loser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you have to treat yourself once in a while so that you don't binge later!! i tend to reach for the chocolate/sweets/snacks late an night when i'm on the computer, but i do feel good when i make healthier choices. last night was greek yogurt with dark choc chips.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's the week going? You'll be back in shape in no time!!! 4.5 lbs already is awesome! I wish I had weight flying off me like that!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!