Tuesday, December 28, 2010

All I want(ed) for Christmas...

A couple of months ago, when I was out shopping with my in-laws at a warehouse sale for furniture used by home builders and their stagers in model homes (interesting in concept, not so much in actuality), I came across a wire dress form, and I happened to mention to my mother-in-law that I'd always wanted one for my closet.  Because I have dreams of a beautiful custom closet, with wooden drawers and shelving, a three way mirror, and a big comfy couch in the middle of the room.  And also, a dress form, that I can use to try out outfit ideas without trying on outfit ideas.

Fast forward to Christmas, when I unwrap this:




No, I did not unwrap the dress, as that came from one of my many outlet mall trips over the Christmas weekend.  But what's under the dress?  My very own, straight off Project Runway, true-to-size dress form?  That's totally a check off of the 'things I absolutely don't need, but think it would be absolutely awesome if somebody else did buy it for me someday' list.  And the necklace was a MiL gift, too.

She's a keeper, that one.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, LUCKY! I was looking for a dressform for the longest time, because I was really into sewing for awhile. I was so mad because I found one for a good price on craigslist right before the weekend I was going out of town, and the lady refused to hold it for me until Monday. SO MAD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your lifestyle and personal blog...love it...
    I have always wanted a dress form...so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!