Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sixth Anniversary

Just like Oprah, I have a few of my own favorite things.  But unlike Oprah, I don't have the bajillion dollar budget to buy my favorite things for a studio audience full of people, or even the slightly smaller budget to buy these things for my five person blog community, or even the even smaller budget to buy some of these things for myself.  But I can dream.  And I can link.  And that's what I'm going to do!

My husband and I celebrated our sixth anniversary this past October, and we (or I, my husband would tell you) have made it a point over the years to buy gifts related to the traditional anniversary gift calendar.  What is the traditional sixth anniversary gift, you might ask?  Candy.  Candy?  Yes, candy.

Seems like it might be horning in on the territory belonging to Valentine's Day, but who am I to judge?

Anyway, my husband, the Halloween nerd, received a new (disgustingly scary) skeleton candy holder filled with whatever variety of weird and interesting candies I could come up with.  Because he likes that kind of stuff.

I got this:


That, my friends, is an awesome silver purse, made entirely out of reused/recycled/upcycled candy wrappers.  Is that not the coolest idea, ever?  And what better time to carry a shiny silver purse around than Christmas?

He's a keeper, that one!

The Daily - Silver, available at Ecoist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!