Monday, February 21, 2011

Calling All Captains!

Apparently, I have a future in modeling...

...if by modeling you mean posing for Captain Morgan rum ads:


Seriously...what was that?

Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely, lovely weekend. I spent Saturday day hanging out with a suddenly clingy-when-tired toddler (yeah, so, sleep regression? apparently not a myth at all...) and Saturday night at a small party with friends, where there was a bonfire, red velvet cake, and an owl balloon. Because that's how I roll on the weekend.




Outfit 19 of 30
Sweater: Lands End Canvas
Jeans: Gap
Boots: DSW
Scarf: Lands End Canvas 

Sunday? I did laundry. Good times, good times.


Sorry, uninspired outfits call for very, very small pictures...
Outfit 20 of 30
T-Shirt: J Crew
Sweatshirt: Michael Kors
Jeans: Express
Shoes: Nine West 

And now, my second installment of Fabulous in February, a month of positivity (brought to you by Melissa and Hope):

1) I don't take myself too seriously. I'm the first to laugh at myself when I do something dumb, and sometimes, I'm just the first to do something dumb, because life is too short to be too concerned about about how you look.
2) I can walk really, really well in heels. And since I love, love, love my high heels, that is a skill that I cherish.
3)  I am sometimes uncomfortable around new people or in awkward situations, but I don't think it shows. I have a great poker face, or so I tell myself, and I can talk to anyone, uncomfortable or not. It's definitely come in handy a time or two. (Like the time Steve and I flew to Denver for his college roommate's wedding, to a girl I'd only met briefly once before, and we went to the groom's parents' house for a 'casual little gathering' that turned out to be the bride's wedding shower. And involved all of the guys (the only people I knew at the party) hiding out in the basement for a couple of hours. Awkward. I made friends, it was fine, but I'm still not quite over that one. Thank goodness the bride is one of the sweetest people I've ever met...)

3 comments:

  1. You look so adorable in the top pics, your smile is awesome!

    I love your positives, especially #1. I wish more people could be like that! I hear you on #3 as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is magical! Perfect color, and I really love a cotton scarf. :)
    Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment on my blog. You look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pop of color with that scarf...mmm red velvet cake and owl balloons...
    I always wished I could take myself less seriously...good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!