Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June Birchbox

Do you want to know what is even better than finally getting home after a long day of traveling?

Getting home after a long day of traveling and finding that month's Birchbox delivery in your mailbox! I swear, I don't know how I got on the early end of the mailing list, but I am pretty much the happiest person ever that I did. I am not so great at the whole waiting thing, and I just don't think I'd be able to stand it if a bunch of people started to talk about what they received that month, and I still had nothing to show for it...

Instead, I'll just be that obnoxious person that talks about it while everyone else has to wait. Because I am sweet like that.

So...




Band-Aids. Sanitizing wipes. Stretch mark cream. SPF face cream. Lip and cheek stain. I swear...it's like they KNOW me or something.

Get out of my head, Birchbox!

I mean, I really needed Band-Aids, I can never have too many SPF lotions, and I don't leave home without sanitizing wipes, ever, so I am pretty much thrilled with all of those offerings. Beyond that, the stretch mark cream, which retails at something like $100 a tube for the full-size product, is probably what I'm most interested to try, just because I want to see if I notice any sort of difference after using it, or if it's true that the stretch marks are here to stay, whether I like it or not. I'm afraid this is going to be one of those products that I fall in love with, only to have to remind myself that I probably shouldn't be paying $100/tube for anything at this point in time.

Thank goodness they sent the lip and cheek stain to take some of the sting away. I am in love with the Benetint stain that I'm currently using, but it's almost $40 a jar, while this Stainiac product retails for less than $20 in the full-size product. So far, I think I'm a fan, so I may have just saved myself some money, and that's always nice.

Especially when I start to spend it on stretch mark creams.

Or not...

3 comments:

  1. Report back on how that stretch mark cream works. I always wonder about those, but when I asked once, my doctor insisted they don't do anything. Still, it would be super nice if they did. Maybe even worth the $100 price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bandaids are the cutest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the email for one a few months ago, but I let it slip. I can't decide if it's worth it. There is also a cool foodie-type Birchbox that a friend of mine gets. She loves it! Would it be wrong to admit that food samples sounds better than Band-aids?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!