Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's like I don't even KNOW me anymore!

While I am over here, trying to recover from the mortifying knowledge that my husband pulled up my blog to show some mutual co-workers just what I looked like, I thought I'd share a little news with you...

In the past week, I've been to Target and the outlet mall for the first time in 2012, and I DIDN'T BUY A SINGLE THING! AT EITHER PLACE!

I KNOW!!!

Now, I did manage to get my husband to buy me a pretty piece of mercury glass while we were at the Pottery Barn Outlet, as an early birthday present, and it turned out that the adorable yellow cardigan with polka dots that I was eyeing at the Banana Republic Outlet just so happened to be wrapped and waiting for me at my mother-in-law's house for additional early birthday enjoyment, but still...

I'm kind of proud of myself, right now.

But I'd also kind of like to know...is there a way I can arrange one of these birthday things every two months or so?

Because it's definitely a lot easier not shopping for yourself, when there are plenty of other people around to do it for you, and, honestly, I'm just not sure how up on the idea of buying Easter gifts for each other Steve will be, when I try to make that suggestion...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on not shopping! I have to admit, I fell off the wagon and fell off hard even through my birthday. However I have lots of cute stuff. Ah well, time to hide the cards, deposit cash and change the passwords to my ebay account, no? Goodluck on the "Easter" gifts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha if you figure out a way to make that happen, let me know! I'm all for getting presents every few months. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive...Target is my downfall!!
    Cannot wait to see you style the yellow cardigan!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!