Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Big Thanks!

I just wanted to stop in and thank you guys for all of the kind thoughts on Monday! I know I've been kind of sporadic around here, lately, and I think, when I have been around, it hasn't been super interesting, and I know I definitely haven't been visiting anywhere else on the internet, either, and I miiiiiissssssss it. And all of you!

But, you know...I was in Indiana last weekend, and I'm leaving this weekend for my sister's wedding next week, and I haven't packed or gotten a haircut or waxed my eyebrows or purchased my pre-planned plane snacks (I may be the most ANNOYING person to travel with, ever, but I always have snacks and entertainment. I think that MORE than makes up for my need to get to the airport three hours before the flight, right?) (Ok, I don't necessarily need to get to the airport three hours before the flight. That's an exaggeration. Two will do just fine, thankyouverymuch.), plus I still need to send Steve out for dog food and kitty litter and bread for Brigid, so his parents aren't left with empty cupboards and hungry grandchildren (Yes, the dogs count as grandchildren, what of it?) when they house-sit for us next week.

And laundry. Why is there ALWAYS laundry that needs to be done?

Anyway, I am of the firm belief that every vacation requires three weeks off, in which the first week prepares you for the vacation, the second week is the vacation, and the third week is the recovery from the vacation. But sadly, if I had that much free time at my disposal, I probably wouldn't need the vacation in the first place, so I am making do where I can.

But, beyond all of that, your sweet words meant a lot to me when I interviewed earlier this week, and I just want to thank you all for visiting my little corner of the internet, and I promise to come back on the other end of this wedding...event, I guess, as it's becoming...a more coherent and pleasant and attentive little blogger.

And in the meantime? You can always find me on Twitter.

(It's where my incoherent side hangs out most days, after all...)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Loved this post! :)

    -I've made my parents baby-sit their "grandchildren" before (my cats). When I dropped them off he said, "What that's it? You swung by just so we could baby-sit?" YEP Dad!

    -2 hours at the ATL airport SHOULD be fine since this weekend isn't anything special. Now, if it was the beginning of Spring Break...

    -Enjoy yourself!! Take lots of pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! Can't wait to see the pics from the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!