Thursday, November 3, 2011

Star of the Show

We are getting family pictures taken this weekend, and the only advice we received from our photographer on clothing choices was 'no white'. Which, while helpful in the slightest of ways, was not really helpful at all.

Obviously, I want us all to match. And even more obviously, I don't want us all to match too closely. And even though my husband got a new sweater for the occasion, I'd rather not shop for these pictures if I don't have to. We're shooting for a purple/black/gray color scheme, based around the most ridiculously adorable striped sweater dress that my daughter owns and a pair of gray motorcycle boots that my sister-in-law bought her for her birthday, and I have to scour my closet tonight for options of my own. Should be a good time. Or not.

Tomorrow's lunch break may end up being a frantic trip to the mall to find something that will work. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, I guess.

Although, really, what I end up wearing probably won't matter in the end. I'm just going to be upstaged by a two-year old, anyway...



T-shirt: Forever 21
Jeans: TJ Maxx
Shoes: Cole Haan
Bracelet: Kohls

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this look! Those pants rock with the striped shirt :) Good luck with the family photos. Ours always end up looking like a train wreck, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you are styling those bright pants!!
    Family photos just never work for us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gray boots in your previous post might look really cute...complementing your daughters gray boots..black pencil, purple sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a fab look! i'm coveting those bright blue jeans of yours. these are fantastic! love it with the stripes.

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!