Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Round-Up

I can't remember if I mentioned a couple of months ago that I was planning to interview for a promotion at work, or not, but I was. And I did. And I got the job!

I've known for awhile now that the job was mine, but my boss wanted to wait until after we closed out first quarter to make the announcement, so the email to the rest of the team didn't actually go out until yesterday. And since it went out, I've received a ton of positive feedback from both the team that I'm managing currently and the team that I will be managing in the future.

Positive feedback! Woo! Except...

Except that I haven't heard anything from the one person I thought might actually have a problem accepting me as the manager. Or the other team member who was up for this job, but didn't get it.

It might be nothing. They might be busy. And I'm not in the main office to see them face-to-face, so they may be waiting for that to happen on Tuesday before they say anything.

Or, they may both be really pissed about how things turned out.

Tuesday should be interesting, to say the least...

------------------------------

And, now for a few of my favorite Internet type things this week...

From the return of Style Lush, I want to throw a party just so I can use this idea to make party favors. And I want to raid the paint chip aisle at Home Depot this weekend, because I think something like this in whatever color scheme I eventually decide on for Brigid's room would look awesome on the walls.

If, like me, you are obsessed with both Jimmy Fallon and Downton Abbey (varied tastes...I has 'em), then you absolutely, most definitely need to check out this video. Immediately. Go...

Any store that has gorgeous yellow sandals for less than $40 is a store that I should probably check out, no?

And...that's all I've got right now. I haven't spent much time on the Internet this week, outside of my Pinterest planning for Brigid's new room. I'm going to have to work on that, I think.

I hate when being a grown-up gets in the way of my fun time...

------------------------------

Also, I have two weeks worth of Style Lush posts to mention here and here, if you're interested.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. hey! just wanted to let you know that i just nominated you for the liebster blog award. go to www.magslifetoday.blogspot.com to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can understand how you feel! I bet the first week will be tough, but in the end they will see you're the best for the job! Will you still be on a four day work week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo congrats on the promotion!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!