Monday, April 9, 2012

Scenes From Augusta

The fun thing about attending a practice round before The Masters, as opposed to attending one of the actual tournament days, is that cameras are actually allowed on the course for practice.

You're still not allowed to take your phone with you, which is exceptionally annoying when you want to post something to Twitter regarding the sheer number of Masters moonpies you've eaten in one sitting, but that's neither here nor there...


The 16th hole, from behind the tee box.

 The 9th hole of the par 3 course.

Phil Mickelson

 Keegan Bradley, who I cheer for when Steve gets all up in arms about my preference for European golfers. Look at him! Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks and give him a big hug?


 Ian Poulter. Who I cheer for even when Steve is up in arms about my preference for European golfers. How can you NOT cheer for someone who matches his belt to his shoes to his hat to his sunglasses?

 The par 3 tournament is a fun little thing they do on the final day of practice, where all former winners, everybody in the current field, and several members of Augusta all come out to play on a little course adjacent to the main course. The players usually have friends or family caddying for them, and my favorite aspect of it is always seeing the little kids have their go at things...

 Bubba Watson, a Georgia Bulldog, and the 2012 Masters Champion.

 Seriously. How cute is that? I would pay big, big, big bucks if I could get my hands on a miniature caddy uniform for Brigid...

Tom Watson, helping his grandson line up a putt. I had to resist the urge to run up to him and beg him to be MY grandfather for a few days, because he just seems like the nicest guy, ever.

But I didn't.

I would like to be allowed back in next year, after all...

1 comment:

  1. ok, this must have been what my dad was watching all weekend, lol!?! if my dad isn't playing golf, he's watching it or reading it. i like tom watson, too. he does seem like a great guy!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!