Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's the little things...

Last night, the power went out in our neighborhood for about five hours. Considering what people in DC and the surrounding areas have been facing these last few days, I realize that I am incredibly lucky it was only out for five hours, because things could always be much, much, MUCH worse.

Perspective. I have it.

However, no amount of understanding could prevent me from swearing loudly at the tree that fell on our lines at 6:30PM or at Georgia Power for not having our power back up and running in an hour and a half, because do you know what happened to me last night?

I MISSED THE BACHELORETTE HOMETOWN DATES!!!

Perspective. It's hit or miss with me, really.






T-shirt: Target
Cardigan: Gap (outlet)
Skirt: Motherhood Maternity
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: J Crew
Bracelet: Macy's
I hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. five hours is a long time with this heat!! my parents were VERY happy to have the ac back on. they were lucky to not lose any food, too! a neighbor friend let them hook up the fridge to a generator. now, my dad is like I NEED ONE!! because the way this year is going, this won't be the last of power outages! to be honest, i'm surprised that ATL hasn't had a major heat-related blackout. happy fourth to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!