Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blergh

I think I might be in a bit of a style rut this week, as evidenced by the return of my 'nightgown in dress form' dress to the rotation. That's never a good sign...

Don't get me wrong, I love this dress because it's super comfortable, but I'm never really happy when I try to dress it up for work. I'm not entirely sure it's really something that is meant to be dressed up, actually. And then I walk around feeling under-dressed for work all day, because I'm basically wearing a belted nightgown. And nobody likes that feeling, right?

Assuming, of course, that other people have walked around in a belted nightgown, I guess...

Although, now that I think about it, that's probably just me, isn't it?

I am totally falling back on my pencil skirt tomorrow...



Dress: Gap
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Nine West
Bracelets: Mango Tree
Earrings: Charlotte Russe

PS: I posted about my favorite summer lip balm over at Style Lush yesterday, if you want to check it out. And even if you don't care about my favorite summer lip balm? You should stop by anyway...there's always tons of good things going on over there!

7 comments:

  1. Well, it doesn't look at all like you're wearing a nightgown! You look super cute. I think belting it was the perfect thing to do to give it some shape and dress it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the dress looks great...adding the belt totally reigns in the fabric...love how you wore the belt of center...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly doesn't look like you're not dressed enough for work! The color is beautiful on you! Personally, I don't know how all of you professional-types get dressed for work in the summer... I think I would feel too hot all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does a belted robe count? :) I think a skirt/dress instantly dresses up an outfit, even if it's "plain" or feels like a nightgown. It makes me feel so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this! I totally think it looks office appropriate! The low-slung belt gives it some modern pizazz. You look amazing! I'm sorry you didn't feel that way though!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the color and shape of this dress!

    maybe to freshen it up and make it feel more fitted i'd wear a belt in a contrasting color, like your yellow bangle, up around your waist like where the black band is on the dress you wore on monday

    and also pair it with a pair of fun colored or patterned heels as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps: you should totally get your sister that tree thing, it's SO amazing! i think it'd also be great for family reunions with the family name on it instead of the bride and grooms, or even birthday parties, it'd be fun to make your own depending on the theme

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!