Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Happy Place

When I was a kid...

Wait, no. Scratch that.

Basically, up through my first few years of college, I was not a 'dress-up' kind of girl. I hated dresses. I hated skirts. I hated anything that wasn't a pair of jeans worn with tennis shoes.

Then, one of my college roommates introduced me to the concept of shopping for fun. And I took to that a little too well, as you can probably see from this here blog. And then I went to work for a bank after college, and the dress code required a suit.

Every. Single. Day.

And while that was a little boring for me and my budding shopping obsession, I realized that I actually did like the professional look. Skirts? Good. Heels? Good.

Maybe there was life outside of denim, after all?

And now my happy place is a pencil skirt and a cardigan.

Go figure.



Cardigan: Lands End Canvas
Skirt: Alfani
Shoes: Steve Madden
Bracelet: Banana Republic (outlet)

7 comments:

  1. What a great color on you! Love it paired with the skirt.

    This would probably be my happy place too - a pencil skirt and cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bright orange-y yellow is gorgeous! And that skirt - I loves it! There's a reason it's your happy place. Because it looks so good on you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because pencil skirts and cardigans are great for work and play, so I can't fault your choice there :)

    I get bumble bee thoughts when I see yellow with black, but it didn't happen with this outfit. The abstract floral print of the skirt is too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the same way, wanted nothing to do with skirts or dresses. Now you can rarely get me in anything else!

    I love that skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your mix of bright colors like this yellow with black/white/gray shades! it's so cute. i wanna try something similar for sure.

    i too in college was flannels and jeans but now i love to wear dresses!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll just repeat claire, i love the bright yellow cardigan with that skirt!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!