Thursday, June 9, 2011

Daytime Shine

Sequins and  heels with shorts? Why, it's pure chaos around here these days!

I can't say that this is a combination that I would have considered in the past, even if it's something that so many people wouldn't think twice about wearing. In case you haven't picked this up about me already, I'm just a touch risk averse. But I'm working on it! I'm trying new things! I'm mixing colors! And obviously, I'm mixing sequins and shorts!

And I totally blame blogging for it!

(So...thanks for the inspiration, ladies!!)


Worn running errands with Steve and Brigid on Saturday
Tank Top: J Crew
Shorts: Ann Taylor (outlet)
Shoes: Kenneth Cole (outlet, of course) 

By the way, I forgot to mention I posted at Style Lush on Tuesday, if you'd like to stop by and say hi! 

6 comments:

  1. Ha, I'm the same way. I totally play it safe and ponder on something forever before finally deciding to take the risk and do something out of my comfort zone. lol

    That shirt is soooo pretty! I love it. I never would have thought to pair it with the shorts, but I love how it all came out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so much love the sequins! in fact, i need to whip out the sequins and wear them myself!!! seriously. love love love! and you paired them with shorts so they look casual.

    blogging is funny, isn't it? makes you try new outfits, and dress differently. i love it. my hubby told me my style has changed a lot since i started blogging. i would like to think it's evolved in a good way!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, this is definitely doable, and you done it right! keeping it neutral is a great way to carry it thru the summer months, day time, etc!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so worth the risk...Loving the sequins for a casual day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for blogging inspiring us to get out of our comfort zones! I've been wanting to try my sequined top with a skirt or shorts instead of pants all the time, but haven't figured out the right combo yet. Thank YOU for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for sequins and shorts! Sparkles make any day special. You look awesome!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!