Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Showers...

...bring another copy-cat outfit posting!

Monday night, we had some pretty intense storms rolling through Georgia, so I didn’t get much sleep. And I wasn’t really the only one not sleeping in my house, since the crazy hail that hit our area around midnight woke up the dogs (seriously, the sound of thunder is nothing next to my dogs barking their fool heads off at the household intruder that is hail hitting the windows…), and then I may have made matters worse by waking my poor husband up when I turned on the tv in the bedroom to watch all of the storm tracker news. I think the only one who wasn’t affected by the storm was Brigid, and that’s because that kid sleeps like a rock. And doesn’t have a zoo’s worth of animals sleeping in her room…

Anyway, when I dragged my poor, exhausted self out of bed at 6am yesterday morning, I knew there was no way I was putting myself together in any sort of passable way on my own. And since my last catalog inspired outfit worked so well for me, I flipped through the pile of clippings that I’ve started accumulating recently, hoping something would jump out at me.

And it totally did…

I’m not going to lie, I am kind of enjoying this whole process of letting someone else do all of the hard work for me. So, who wants to move to Georgia and be my full-time stylist now?

Button-up: Land’s End Canvas
Sweater: Banana Republic
Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft
Boots: DSW

6 comments:

  1. I love it!! Or you could move to Florida and be my full time stylist! =) I'm loving all these cute looks you're putting together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you recreated that outfit with what you already had in your closet...such a great idea to just pick out one of your clippings and copy the outfit from there....I am going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just joined twitter...follow me...I am a loser and only have 3 followers...ha LutzRL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I envy Brigid. I can't remember the last time I slept like a rock. Isn't using inspiration photos fun? It sure saves me a lot of time in the mornings :D You look preppy and put together. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the inspiration! But that models legs look freakish... I should subscribe to more magazines/catalogs, but I'm just afraid it'll make me want to shop even more. :(

    I want a personal stylist too. I spend way too much time sitting in front of my closet every morning.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!