Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Prairie Chic

I bought this dress at J Crew years ago, but I've only worn it a couple of times. I've always had trouble with the styling, because I'm not at all sure that this length of skirt is flattering on me, but I haven't really wanted to give up the fight. I may have to give in, soon, though, because I'm just not sure it's working.

It's one of those dresses that always looks better in my head than it does in reality.

Although, maybe if I wear it with a long sleeve sweater next time? Maybe if I tie the sash in back? Maybe if I switch up the belt, entirely? Maybe then it would work?

Maybe I still haven't learned my lesson after all?

Dress: J Crew
Sweater: Gap
Shoes: Nine West

And, if you're interested, I am posting over at Style Lush today about my issues with plants, and how I'm slowly overcoming them with the help of ice...

2 comments:

  1. I love how you wore it with the sweater over..it breaks it the legnth of the dress making it look more like a skirt...not sure if that made sense, but it does in my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this dress. I appreciate how you styled it with that sweater too! The length looks great with your legs, and I'm pretty sure that's a trendy length right now :)

    Claire
    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!