Monday, January 31, 2011

My 30 for 30 Picks!

It's remix time, again!

This is my second time participating in Kendi's 30x30 remix challenge, and oddly enough, I'm actually more nervous about it this time than I was the last.  I think it's because the first time I did this, I found out about it approximately two days before the challenge started, but I decided to go for it anyway, which led to me throwing everything together the day my 30 items had to be posted.

This time?  I knew the challenge was on the day it was announced.  So, I've had some time to plan, and I'm really expecting big things from myself now.  It's a lot of pressure! 

I have to say, though...pressure or no, it's absolutely worth it.  I have added some amazing style blogs to my reader and some amazing friends to my address book as a direct result of the first challenge.  I've learned to look at my closet in a new way, and I've (sort of, kind of) changed my shopping habits.  I started a second blog because I enjoyed the daily outfit process so much (and I didn't want to change things up on family members coming to my original blog for stories/pictures of the baby).  Not a bad result for a month of work, huh?

Anyway, the rules of the challenge are simple...30 items, 30 different outfits, 30-ish days.  Accessories (jewelry, belts, scarves, tights, etc) don't count in your 30 items, but shoes do.  And so....my 30 items:


2 Dresses


3 Jeans


4 Skirts


4 T-Shirts


2 Blouses


4 Cardigans


3 Sweaters


1 Jacket + 1 Button-Up


6 Pairs of Shoes

And that is that.  This is what I will be wearing for the next month.  I hope my other clothes don't start feeling resentful of the chosen few...

If you want to see how my first attempt at the challenge went, you can check that out here.

2 comments:

  1. Can we switch closets? You would become the proud owner of several Gators, Rangers, and Cowboys shirts. I also have some stylish sweatpants and tennis shoes. Come on, you know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are doing the challenge too! Cannot wait to see what you put together!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!