Friday, January 14, 2011

Pity, Party of One

I don't usually post this late in the day, but I'm trying to stay away from the bag of M&Ms my mother-in-law keeps in my pantry for the days she's here with Brigid, so here I am.  I don't know why I can't keep away from the M&Ms right now...I worked out this morning, I ate relatively well today, and I'm not even remotely hungry.  I don't want to blow everything good I did during the day on handfuls of chocolate at night, and yet...

Today was a day.  There was very little napping.  There were four (FOUR!!) dirty (as in dirty) diapers, including one late in the day that we didn't even realize was dirty for maybe about 45 minutes, which is just enough time for Brigid to develop a raging case of diaper rash.  There was screaming.  There was food spitting.  There was dog sickness.  I have been ignoring a scratchy throat and a slightly runny nose, because if I ignore it, IT WILL GO AWAY!!! 

But, there was also dancing.  There were giggles and kisses, and while Brigid was eating a snack on the couch this afternoon, she laid her head on my shoulder in complete contentment.  So, it wasn't all bad.

And I need to remember that from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. Party of two for the M&M's. Seriously, they are JUST candy-coated chocolate. What's so special about that? And yet, SO GOOD. Good luck with the Biggest Blogging Loser thing! Just think, if we work really hard to be healthy (AKA M&M-free) for 12 weeks, we will lose weight, but better yet, we might actually start some new, healthy habits (gasp!).

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!