Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Never Ending Snow Day

With the exception of a couple of hours out on Friday night and another couple of hours out on Saturday night, it has been FIVE DAYS since I spent any significant amount of time outside of my house.  This, my friends, is starting to affect my sanity.  I have done nothing but watch updates on the Tucson shooting (on Fox News, because my in-laws are staying with us, and that is my FiL's channel of choice) and updates on the Atlanta ice mess (also on Fox News, or a local news channel if we want to change it up a bit...), and honestly?  I don't even know what day it is today.

I do not have whatever internal fortitude it is that would make me a productive member of society without the specter of going to work hanging over my every decision.  When I don't have anybody there to tell me that I have to leave the house?  Chaos.

Should I shower today?  Eh, there's no one around who will care if I start to smell.

Make-up, clean clothes?  Nobody is going to see me.

Should I eat ice cream for lunch?  Sure, it's not like my sweatpants can't stretch to accommodate to extra calories.

I never thought I'd say this, but I really need to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!