Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Round-Up

I am so, so very happy today is Friday. I have big plans for this weekend. BIG PLANS! Plans that involve...

...cleaning my house, doing laundry, finally uploading my Christmas pictures to post on my family blog, possibly starting the 30-Day Shred, and finishing the last book of The Hunger Games trilogy.*

I like to live life on the edge.

Here are a few of my favorite things from around the web this week:

I WANT THIS NECKLACE! Granted, I already have a necklace devoted to Brigid that I adore, but this one is just so pretty, too. Obviously, I need them both.

Sometimes, taking a break from social media is just what the day needs.

I know I should be embarrased to admit that I watch The Bachelor, but I'm kind of not. In fact, I kind of love it. And the MamaPop recap makes me laugh, every time I read it. I'm so glad they brought it back this season...

If you are a runner, or even someday dream of being a runner, and you enjoy a nice adult beverage from time to time, you probably need to enter to win this shirt. And if you don't win it? You should go buy one, anyway. It's all kinds of awesome.

Have a fantastic Friday!

*I'm...not exactly sure how I feel about these books, now that I'm working my way through the second one. I can't stop reading them, because I absolutely HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!, but I don't know that I like to protagonist all that much. She kind of annoys me, if I'm being honest. And I've cried my way through significant sections of the first two books so far, because the premise is just so heartbreaking, although not necessarily in a good way. I'm holding out hope that the final book brings it all back for me, in the end. At the very least, I will have knocked three books off of my 2012 to-do list within a week, so that's something, right?

2 comments:

  1. I have been on the waiting list at the library forever for the Hunger Games! Everyone that's read the series said the books are so good. You sound like you have a very busy and productive weekend planned. I live life on the edge too, this sounds like most of my weekends :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally agree... The premise of Hunger Games is so sad. I don't know that you'll like how it all ends, but I won't give it away. =) Despite them being really sad and leaving me feeling kind of disappointed, I still really loved the series. Basically, because I love any book that keeps me captive, eagerly waiting to see what happens next. I can't wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!