Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Round-Up

Another week, another Friday. I should be more excited about this, right? Instead, I have to work today, while my husband takes Brigid to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. Boo!

But, I am easy to please, so all will be forgiven if they just remember to bring the leftover popcorn home with them to appease me. And, maybe, add some 'butter' topping on the way out of the door?

It doesn't take much to make me happy again...

Now, on to the links!

-------------------------

I am on a big 'let's save money!!!' kick this year, because despite having two, full-time working adults with good jobs in our household, I'm not entirely sure we are saving as much as we should be saving. Don't get me wrong...we are definitely saving something. I am not a finance nerd for nothing, you know. But, we could be saving more, I think. So, I really loved this post on little ways to cut back...so much so that I brought down a stack of Brigid's baby washcloths that are too small for bath time, but that might just be the perfect replacement for the quick paper towel rubdown she gets after every meal.

Who doesn't love a good 'how we met' story?

This? Right here? This is why parenting is so awesome and heartbreaking, all at the same time. It's also why, despite what a pain the entire process of bringing a little bundle of joy into the world can be from time to time, I hope I am blessed enough to do it again.

I am absolutely making the 'time of the month' jar, because after 10 years together, my husband should know better than to ask me that question. And if he doesn't, then he deserves to pay me for putting up with him, I think...

While I am not completely against negativity on the internet, because sometimes you just need to vent (and nobody is going to be all shiny-happy-people all of the time), it's still a good idea to remember that if negativity is all you put out there, that's probably all you're going to get back, too. I think most of the people I follow tend to be pretty positive across the board, but sometimes I think my own negativity seems to be getting out of hand.

-------------------------

Also, while it doesn't necessarily qualify as a favorite link of the week (particularly this week, because I completely forgot I had a post due on Tuesday until about...oh, around 10pm on Monday night), I always forget to link up to my weekly Style Lush post, which makes me a terrible self-promoter. I really need to work on that...

Or not. Whatever.

Anyway, go forth, and read about my love affair with the Chi flat iron my sister bought me for Christmas. Because it is a love that runs deep, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I know a LOT of people who are cutting back this year to save more. I'd love to hear more about what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!