Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Round-Up

So. Friday...

We meet again.

And where last weekend's plan consisted of oh my word, if I don't finally get this house cleaned/organized/put back together from the vacation we took THREE WEEKS AGO!!!, I will absolutely lose my ever loving mind, this weekend is a little more open. Tonight, Steve and I are heading out with his brother and his brother's girlfriend for our January Broadway Series show offering, which is apparently a big marching band performance. Set in a theater.

I don't know quite what to expect, actually, but according to a preview video I watched, there appear to be a LOT of drums involved. It seems...loud.

Whatever. Our seats come with free drinks, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it immensely.

Then, Saturday and Sunday...I've got nothing. NOTHING! I'm kind of looking forward to that part of things. And to round things out, Brigid and I have plans to meet up with Jen and her daughter on Monday, to play with all things princess. Not a bad way to spend the day at all, I think.

------------------------------

And now for what I've loved on the old internets this week...

I kind of want to go out and buy red pants and cognac boots, just so I can copy Angela's look from head to toe. And also, Tara's skirt. And belt. And shoes. And blazer, for that matter.

I constantly struggle with how to reconcile what I feel/wear as a(n almost) 32-year old mother, and what I remember my mother looking/acting like when she was in my position. This post just kind of sums up all of those feelings for me. I hope I'm doing it right...

I want to buy ALL of the doilies and do ALL of the related crafts. I also want to keep typing doilies over and over again, because it's one of those words that starts to lose all meaning the more you look at it. Doilies. Doilies. DOILIES!

One of my new favorite blogs, A Brooklyn Limestone, pointed me in the direction of this gorgeous empty frame tutorial by Lindsay, and I love it. Now I want to buy all of the frames, too, to go with all of the doilies.

Doilies. Heh.

------------------------------

And don't forget to check out my post at Style Lush this week, where I talk of nothing but Disney princesses.

I fear I may be becoming the worst possible mommy cliche, ever...

1 comment:

  1. Free drinks at the theatre...sounds like a good Friday night!! You might just corner the market on the Disney Princess talk, but I can school anyone in the Car category!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!